Thursday, January 21, 2010

A part of Graeme Park you've never seen before ...

I'm making an assumption here that most or our readers out there have never been up the steep stairs that lead to the roof of Graeme Park. It's certainly not part of the tour. While in the house taking a few last pictures for a presentation, I decided to see what the camera could capture up under the roof. It was pitch dark up there, so I just pointed and shot. As you come up the stairs, one side is partially walled off with the brick chimney, but the other side you can "see" down to the stone end of the house. Notice the original hewn rafters (some with bark still on) that make up the rafters. I also think I see some of the lathework holding the ceiling plaster in place.






Stay tuned. When it gets warmer out, I'll bring you the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...